est Hand-blended Natural Skincare
How we started…….
Borealis Natural Skincare was founded in 2012 changing its name from Borealis Organics Skincare.
Originally known as Borealis Skincare, it has evolved organically to produce handmade skincare products that are made from 100% natural and organic ingredients.
All formulations are hand blended to ensure the highest quality.
Our ethos: 100% natural and organic skincare ingredients ALWAYS…..
Integrity in all aspects of the product cycle:
– Sourcing and traceability of all raw materials, all from certified natural, organic and fair traded suppliers.
– No ingredients tested on animals
– All products hand blended.
– All formulations independently tested by UK registered cosmetic chemists.
– Recycled packaging where possible (glass, PET) including labels using recycled paper.
– Comply with ‘Truth In Labelling’ pledge. No false promises or pretences. Everything we use is listed on the labels using both English and the Latin (INCI) ingredient name.
Why are we different from other skincare products and what top five benefits do Borealis Natural products bring to you, the customer?
1. ALL products are hand-blended in England. Many customers come from ‘word of mouth’ this has been our best recommendation to date. Trying is believing and… we stand by this. If you want a unique product, you have come to the right place because we put value on our ethos which is to Let Nature Nurture your Skin; and we do so responsibly.
2. Over three years of research, tested by professionals, friends, family, colleagues and anyone else who was interested to try them and give honest feedback about the effect on their skin, the texture, the smell, the packaging, pricing and customer service.
3. Raw ingredients: 100% natural, organic and fair trade ingredients. All raw materials are fit for purpose. ACTIVE ingredients such as Q10 & vitamin E, remodelling intense, lupine peptides, hyalraunic acid & vitamins have been researched and tested for a particular skin formulation i.e., dry, sensitive, oily skin.
The Botanical Glycerol Extracts and pure essential oils, have been specifically chosen to enhance the effectiveness of the formulation and dependent upon skin type and condition. For example, Myrrh is revered for helping mature and aged skin to rejuvenate. This is used in our facial serums, moisturiser and one of our hand creams. Likewise, Chamomile is renowned for helping with reducing irritation and calming very sensitive skins so this is used in formulations specifically designed for sensitive skin.
4. Competitive pricing for a hand-blended skincare formulations that can take sometimes a couple of hours to make one jar! We don’t believe good quality skincare should cost the earth….literally, as many expensive skincare products are due to costs for marketing and PR activities and not the ingredients. You don’t always get what you pay for. Just look at what is in the product and if they don’t state it clearly – stay away from it!
5. We are passionate about our natural skincare products. We love what we do and take pride in making formulations that people love using. Simple as that!
Our Suppliers & Traceability of our Natural & Organic Skincare Raw Ingredients
We source and buy our raw materials directly from respected, certified sources
Including local farms and herbalists.
Advantages of using our natural skincare products include:
√ Ingredients that have NOT been tested on animals
√ No Animal derivatives used– (except for silk and beeswax) which are natural animal by-products.
√ All our products are suitable for vegetarians
√ No Parabens
√ No Mineral or sulphonated oils which can block the performance of pure essential oils.
√ No Sodium Lauryl Sulphate (SLS)
√ No Petrolatum or Propylene Glycol
√ No synthetic colours or fragrance
Preservation ingredients for our natural skincare products
All formulations, unless they are for immediate use after blending, will require some type of preservation system to inhibit contamination and the growth of fungi and bacteria.
Natural preservatives include Bitter Orange Extract, Rosemary Co2 and Vitamin E to stop some oils going rancid. We use a natural preservative known as preservative 12. This is used as a preservative in some food products.
Packaging & Literature
We use sustainable packaging such as glass, cardboard, or recycled plastics, aluminium, PET/HDPE where feasible. Please reuse the packaging.
We do not use excessive packaging to minimise waste and to keep costs to the customer competitive.
Please recycle our packaging where possible.
Let Nature Nurture Your Skin x