- Pomegranates are fondly referred to as “The Fruit of Life” and as “Nature’s Power Fruit” for their ability to maintain and enhance many body systems and functions, thereby promoting optimal health.
- Pomegranate seeds are pressed to produce Pomegranate Oil, which is known for the numerous benefits it has for skin, hair, and overall health.
- Used topically in skin care and in massages, Pomegranate Carrier Oil boosts collagen production, enhances skin elasticity, reduces the appearance of scarring, promotes the reversal of skin damage, and leaves lasting moisture without leaving a greasy residue or clogging pores.
- Used medicinally, Pomegranate Carrier Oil reduces inflammation, protects the skin against sun damage, relieves the discomfort associated with psoriasis and eczema, and accelerates the reconstruction of skin to speed wound healing.
- Used in hair, Pomegranate Carrier Oil works effectively on all hair types to hydrate dull, dry strands and to protect against harsh environmental stressors. It stimulates circulation to the scalp, eliminates dirt and dandruff, prevents damage to the follicles, and increases the growth of stronger, healthier hair.
HISTORY OF POMEGRANATE SEED OIL USAGE
Fondly referred to as “The Fruit of Life” and as “Nature’s Power Fruit,” Pomegranates symbolize numerous concepts, theories, and legends for several religious, cultural, spiritual, and medical practices. Specifically, these fruits have traditionally been emblematic of abundance, ambition, beauty, eternal life, fertility, hope, human civilization, the irrevocable bond of marriage, mystery, sanctity, resurrection, and royalty. In many countries, Pomegranates have traditionally been offered as a wedding gift that represents a wish for the newlywed couple to give birth to as many children as the number of seeds contained within the fruit. The imagery of the glossy, deep red, bulbous berry with dark green leaves has been implemented heavily in art and literature not only for the abovementioned portrayals but also for its representation of spiritual prosperity and chastity.
Used topically in skin care and in massages, Pomegranate Carrier Oil boosts collagen production and exhibits anti-inflammatory qualities. Its ability to repair skin that is damaged, dry, or aging makes it an ideal ingredient in skin care cosmetics. Pomegranate Carrier Oil enhances skin elasticity and is known to support hormonal balance in both men and women, thereby enhancing skin texture. Aside from lending moisturizing and firming properties, it nourishes skin while offering soothing and protective properties, especially to skin that is irritated and sunburned. By stimulating cells in the outer layer of skin, Pomegranate Oil promotes the reversal of skin damage, consequently uncovering a newer layer of skin and, in so doing, promoting a more youthful look and feel. In this way, it reduces the appearance of scarring. Suitable for all skin types, including oily and acne-prone skin, Pomegranate Oil leaves lasting moisture without leaving a greasy residue or clogging pores.